CB1 is a 15-minute walk from campus and is close to Cambridge train station, supermarkets and plenty of restaurants. It’s also less than ten minutes from a bowling alley, gym, theatre and cinema, so there’s always something to do nearby.
There are 392 en suite rooms, and 119 studio flats, some of which are suitable for couples. CB1 is managed by Host Students, who provide 24-hour support from the on-site reception.
Cambridge property comparison chart
Back to top
- 15-minute walk to campus
- All bills included (gas, water, electricity, internet and possessions insurance)
- Wi-Fi and wired internet
- En suite rooms and studios available
- Residential Assistants
- 24-hour on-site assistance
- Repairs and maintenance service included in the rent
- Cleaning provided in communal areas
- Self-service launderette
- Bicycle storage
- Post boxes and parcel collection point
- We're unable to offer parking except to Blue Badge holders
- Small double bed (4 foot) and mattress
- Under-bed storage
- Desk and chair
- Rubbish bin
- Clothes dryer
Kitchens (studio flats only):
Back to top
- Microwave/combi oven
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Breakfast bar
CB1 is about 15 minutes' walk from the Collier Road gate at the back of campus. View on Google Maps.
Before you move in
You'll need to pay a £250 deposit to secure the room. Before your contract starts, there will also be a £50 utility deposit plus five weeks' rent payment.
For current rent prices, please check our halls and houses cost comparison chart:
Cambridge halls and houses cost comparison chart
Rent is paid in three instalments in October, January and April (plus the instalment due before you move in).
If you'd like to book a room in CB1, simply apply online.