Accommodation in Cambridge

Kitchen in university halls

If you’re studying with us in Cambridge, you’ll have the option to live in halls or shared houses.

Accommodation options

Some of our halls are on campus, and our houses are within easy walking distance. Each hall or house is different, as are the social opportunities and surroundings.

Our properties are:

The following properties are available to full-time ARU students. You'll apply for them via the Residential Services Office, but they are owned and operated by third parties, who will issue your contract.

We are now full in both Addenbrooke's and Hinchingbrooke Hospital accommodation. To discuss your accommodation options you can contact the Tenancy Support team.

Find out at a glance how they compare, and how much they cost:

Cambridge halls and houses cost comparison

Cambridge property comparison chart

How to apply

Once you’ve decided where you’d like to live, simply apply online.

If you're applying for a single trimester contract, you won't be able to apply online. Please email your full name and student ID number to

Before you apply, please check our criteria for applying and allocations policy.