Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Graduation policies for Anglia Ruskin University
The following terms and conditions relate to Anglia Ruskin University graduation ceremonies in 2020.
By submitting the booking online, you, the graduand, agree to the following.
Conditions for attending a ceremony
• To confirm your attendance and book guest tickets within the advertised deadlines schedule. Graduands who have not adhered to the deadline dates will not be admitted on the day. If you have not confirmed your attendance and purchased guest tickets by 23:59 on Tuesday 2 June 2020, we assume you are not attending.
• Your final award must have been conferred at an Anglia Ruskin University Awards Board between 1 October 2019 and 19 June 2020
• To pay any outstanding tuition fee debts to Anglia Ruskin University in full by 20 April 2020.
• You and your guests to be seated in the auditorium at least 30 minutes prior to the start time of the ceremony. You are advised to allow two hours and 30 minutes to register, collect your seat card (and guest tickets), collect your gown and have photographs taken. However, if you/and or your guests do arrive after this time staff will endeavour to accommodate you, but please be aware that this may not always be possible. Late arrivals will only be admitted at certain times and into certain areas to minimise the disruption to other graduands and guests.
• The University cannot be held liable for the cost incurred of any travel arrangements made by graduates or guests.
• The University cannot be held responsible for any guest arriving at a ceremony without having purchased a guest ticket.
• As this is a formal event celebrating your academic success at Anglia Ruskin University, it is preferred that graduands wear an academic robe. Please note that any robe that graduands wear must be of Anglia Ruskin University. You can hire/purchase an Anglia Ruskin University robe via our official suppliers, Ede & Ravenscroft at least 21 days prior to your ceremony.
• Guest tickets are issued to the attending graduand on the day of the ceremony and are non-transferable
Failure to comply with any of the above terms and conditions may result in your entry to the ceremony being denied.
We ask that at the time of booking, any requirements for guests and graduands with additional needs, eg wheelchair access, sight or sound facilities, are requested on the online booking system. We will make every effort to meet your requirements, however, it may not always be possible for us to accommodate particular needs, especially without advance notice. Please note that we will seat your guests based on the requirements specified, this does not necessarily mean they will be seated on the front row.
Please note that by making an online booking, graduands and their guests consent to the University passing relevant details of an individual’s special requirements to the venue to enable any appropriate adjustments to be made. Personal data will be handled in compliance with Privacy law.
Cancelling your attendance/guest tickets
Some of our ceremonies may be oversubscribed, so if you change your mind or are unable to attend please let us know by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible. Please include your Anglia Ruskin University SID.
Please note, guest tickets are non-transferable between students.
If you require a refund on any (or all) of your guest tickets, please submit a request before 2 June 2020 for July Graduations. No refunds will be made after this date other than for students who do not achieve their award in time for the ceremony. For students who do not achieve their award in time for their Graduation ceremony refunds for guest tickets will be granted or tickets can be transferred to the next appropriate ceremony.
Requests for refunds must be made in writing and sent to:
Anglia Ruskin University
Graduation Team, Corporate Marketing
Bishop Hall Lane
Chelmsford CM1 1SQ
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds will be made to the person who purchased the tickets and not to any third party. All eligible refund requests will be processed within 5 weeks of the date the request is received.
If you are purchasing tickets online, then the University's Online Terms and Conditions
Admittance of children into the ceremony
Children under the age of five may attend free of charge but are required to sit on the lap of the accompanying adult. Only one under 5 is permitted per accompanying adult. Children aged five and above must have their own ticket and seat. There are no concessions for children. All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult; please note that children cannot be seated with the graduand. Children are the responsibility of the accompanying adult.
The University reserves the right to ask any child (or adult) to leave the venue during the ceremony if they are making unnecessary noise which is disruptive to the proceedings or to other guests.
Data protection, DVDs, online streaming and image capture statement
Please note that the graduation ceremonies of Anglia Ruskin University are regarded as public events.
This means that the names of graduands and subjects are published in the graduation programme and audio-visual images of the ceremony are publicly available, eg through the sale of personalised DVDs. Your degree classification will not be included nor will it be announced at the ceremony.
Additionally, the names of graduands may be provided to external companies for display on graduation products such as graduation t-shirts. The names and awards printed in the programme and supplied to external companies for the production of merchandise are correct at the time of going to print.
We are unable to discuss details of a student’s graduation ceremony with anyone else, unless we receive written permission from the student concerned.
During the day professional photographers will be taking photographs and these may be used in the University's future promotional literature.
We would like to inform you that the Anglia Ruskin University graduation ceremonies will be photographed, videoed, streamed live online and/or otherwise captured in image form. These images and video content may then be used by Anglia Ruskin University for publicity and promotional purposes such as DVDs, prospectuses, advertising campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, posters, leaflets, national or local press articles, etc. It is important to note that if any images are published on the internet, they will be accessible to users from all over the world.
Due to the scale of these events we are unable to obtain written consent from each individual attending or working at the events. Therefore, we will assume that whilst participating in these events all persons agree to their image(s) being captured for the purposes stated above.
If you object to the publication of any of your personal data or your images being used as described above, you must inform the graduation team
of your objection, in writing, by 2 June 2020.
For more information about your data protection rights, please visit https://aru.ac.uk/privacy-and-cookies
If the graduation ceremonies cannot take place or are delayed due to circumstances beyond the University’s control, including (without limitation:) fire; explosion; terrorist act (or threat of terrorist act); act of God; pandemic; industrial action, national mourning (any member of the royal family) or dispute involving the University or the venue/s at which the ceremonies and other graduation services are due to be held, the University will not be liable for any losses direct or otherwise incurred by graduates or their guests by the said cancellations, rescheduling or postponement. The University will, where at all possible, make alternative arrangements for any graduands affected, but graduands and their guests should ensure that they have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses they might suffer as a result of ceremonies being cancelled or delayed.
All venues where the ceremonies will be taking place comply with current legal requirements. A first aider will also be on duty. Should a student or guest need to use the lifts or require medical assistance, please speak to a member of staff from the venue or an Anglia Ruskin University usher.