Counselling and mental health support

The Counselling and Wellbeing Service is available to all ARU students and offers a free and confidential service to promote mental health and wellbeing.

You can talk in confidence to a professional counsellor, a mental health adviser or a wellbeing adviser about any personal or university-related issues that are worrying you. This could be anything from minor concerns to major issues including grief, relationship difficulties, panic attacks, exam anxieties, stress and more.

Get in touch

Cambridge and Peterborough: 01223 698276
Chelmsford: 01245 684271

Opening hours

Monday to Thursday: 9am–5pm
Friday: 9am–4.30pm

+ Who might be supporting me?

+ Register for one to one counselling

+ Privacy, confidentiality and policies

Register and book a consultation

Our 30 minute initial consultation lets you find out what we do, and is a great way for us to get to know you and listen to your concerns.

Register and book a consultation


Other ways you can get support


A safe community to support your mental health, 24/7.

Get support. Take control. Feel better.

More support from outside ARU

There are many organisations and mental health services outside ARU who can support you if you are experiencing difficulties .

Find support

Students' Union Advice Service

The Students' Union Advice Service can support you on a number of problems, including mental health, relationship advice, sexual health, domestic abuse and more.

Visit the Student's Union

Report an incident of harassment

Report incidents of bullying, discrimination, harassment, hate crimes, sexual violence and domestic abuse.

Report an incident