Our research facilities
Facilities in the Vision and Eye Research Institute (VERI) include state-of-the-art laboratories and clinical areas.
- four state-of-the-art consulting rooms to carry out clinical trials and consultations
- Low-Vision Suite featuring a new Vicon mobility analysis system and research facilities to examine hearing in patients with low vision. Our researchers investigate mobility and co-ordination in low vision patients using the most advanced gait lab in the UK
- Diagnostic Suite which includes anterior (Zeiss) and posterior (Spectralis) OCTs, Microperimeter (MP1), fundus cameras, Keeler-Konan Pocklington wide-field specular photomicroscope, anterior and posterior HRT, Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor, IOL Master and power refractor
- Anterior Eye Research Suite, incorporating a room-sized environmental chamber which allows independent manipulation of temperature, wind speed and humidity, blinking recording device and thermography
- a myopia laboratory which includes a Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor, IOL Master and a power refractor
- Psychophysics Suite with Cambridge Research Systems Visage and SR Research EyeLink 1000 eye tracker.
We carry out various clinical projects including the glaucoma referral refinement project in collaboration with Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and diabetic retinopathy screening.
For glaucoma clinics, email GlaucomaAdmin@addenbrookes.nhs.uk
For diabetic retinopathy clinics, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have full access to the ARU Clinical Trials Unit.
Find out more about our facilities and clinical trials
For further information, email email@example.com