There are quite a few steps involved in applying to university. Our simple checklist covers the whole application process from registering with UCAS in the autumn, to getting your exam results and accepting your place.
- Have you registered your details on UCAS?
- Have you chosen your five options? These could be the same course at five different institutions, five different courses at one institution, or any other combination. Find out your 'buzz word' from your school or college.
- Have you completed your personal statement?
- Has your school or college completed your reference?
- Have you got your GCSE/BTEC/NVQ certificates to hand? You’ll be asked what exam board and what date you took these exams. If you don’t have your certificates you’ll need to find this information from somewhere else. Your school or college may be able to help.
- Have you received your welcome email from UCAS?
- Check on the status of your offer using UCAS Track.
- Have you received offers? Check our page Troubleshooting your results if you haven't received offers.
- Have you replied to these offers? Be aware of the deadlines associated with replying to your offers, as these will differ depending on what date you received all your offers.
- Do you need to register for UCAS Extra?
- Check your email regularly. Also check spam/junk mail boxes, just in case.
- Make sure you’re in the country to collect your exam results. You can nominate someone to collect your results. Check UCAS for more information.
- Once you have received your results, check to see if you’ve met the entry requirements for your chosen course/university. If you’ve just missed out on one of your grades, check UCAS Track, as the university may still have accepted you.
- Have you looked at the options in Clearing?
- If you’ve not been accepted by any of your choices you’ll automatically be entered into Clearing via UCAS Track. Check to see if there’s an available course at a university that interests you and then apply.
- Have you received your confirmation letter in the post?