Dr Marian Bond
Faculty:Faculty of Science and Engineering
Areas of Expertise:
Animal and environmental biology
Marian has over 30 years experience of working and teaching in animal behaviour and physiotherapy. She is a Fellow of the Society of Biology a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a professional dog trainer and a PADI-certified Master Diver.
Marian lectures across our animal and environmnental biology courses. She holds a PhD and, before joining Anglia Ruskin, worked for 20 years as a physiotherapist in clinical and managerial roles.
Marian designed the RCVS-accredited FdSc and BSc (Hons) Veterinary Nursing and Animal Behaviour degrees, with modules delivered at both the Milton-based College of West Anglia and the ARU Cambridge campus. Graduates from both degrees can register as RCVS-accredited Veterinary Nurses. She has been nominated for the student-elected 'Made a Difference' Awards, winning the title in the 'Most Innovative Teaching' category in 2016.
- Cognition and training of the domestic dog
- Play behaviour of the domestic dog
- Assessment of stress in domestic and captive animals
- Learning and teaching in HEA
Marian is a member of our Behavioural Ecology Research Group.
Areas of research supervision
Marian welcomes enquiries from prospective research students in the areas of her research interests.
Find out more about our Biology PhD including our exciting PhD project opportunities.
BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour
- BSc Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- MA Learning and Teaching
- MCSP SRP Physiotherapy
Memberships, editorial boards
- Fellow, the Society of Biology
- Senior Fellow, of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- Honours pass, Graduate Instructor, British Institute for Professional Dog Trainers
Research grants, consultancy, knowledge exchange
- Author of a range of Mammal Society information sheets
- Past Editor of Mammal News, the tri-annual magazine of The Mammal Society
- Curriculum Development Officer for College of West Anglia, 2008–10
- Member of the research team awarded an ARU Enterprising Academics award in 2015
- External Examiner for animal behaviour degree programmes at Southampton University (2009-2013), Hull University/Bishop Burton College (2013-16) and Newcastle University (2016-present)