The GSI's Consumption & Change academic and support staff work alongside our PhD students and visiting fellows. You can read the profiles of our members below.
- Maxine Von Bommel (2020-): 'Identity disruptions and ecological grief'
- Tom Hambley (2019-): ‘User engagement with renewable energy: what works in theory and what is done in practice?’
- Stefano Magariello (2018-): ‘Energising cities: Facilitating the low-carbon energy transition through local governments and governance’ (‘Energy Cities’ case study partner)
- Lauren Stabler (2017-): 'Envisioning Sustainability: A regional review of the East of England'
- Obehi Sule (2014-2019): 'Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in Higher Education institutions' (also with GSI's EfS theme)
- Norbert Edomah (2014-2016): 'Nigeria's energy transitions: Policy decisions, influences and unintended consequences'
- Rebecca Spannenkrebs, Research Assistant (autumn 2017 - early 2018): SHAPE ENERGY (also with the MEDEAS project)
- Dr Emmet Fox, Research Assistant (spring - summer 2017): SHAPE ENERGY
- Dr Katrin Buchmann, Research Assistant (spring - autumn 2017): SHAPE ENERGY
- Max Lacey-Barnacle, Research Assistant (spring 2017): Newton-funded project on strengthening capacity for energy justice research
- Joana Rodrigues, Student Assistant (summer 2016 - autumn 2017): Balance Network
Student placements and visiting postgraduate researchers
- Isobel Tang, Nuffield studentship (summer 2017): 'Local housing and wellbeing indicators'
- Steven Ward, MSc Sustainability placement (spring - summer 2017): supporting SHAPE ENERGY project
- Annuscha Wassmann, visiting MSc researcher (spring 2017): 'Collaboration of Sustainability Initiatives — An Ethnographic Exploration into Barriers to Establishing a Sustainable Food Partnership in Cambridge, UK'
- Aaron Patel, Nuffield studentship (summer 2016): 'Alternative food businesses: mapping and exploring'
- Victoria Circus, MSc Sustainability placement (spring 2016): supporting SHAPE-ENERGY bid
- Christina Toelkes, visiting PhD researcher (autumn 2015 - spring 2016): 'Sustainable Communication of Sustainable Tourism Products'
- Petya Ivanova, ARU research placement (summer 2015): 'Technologies and sustainability: how developers account for the end-user'
- Samantha Coffey, Nuffield studentship (summer 2015): 'Smart Meter Policy'
- Eric Hendriksen, ARU research placement (summer 2014): 'Experiencing eco-home open day'
- Isobel Mawby, Nuffield studentship (summer 2014): 'Critiquing energy and water feedback technologies'
- Melanie Mariyadas, ARU research placement (summer 2013): 'Digital technologies and self-reflection'
- Ivy Qian, Nuffield studentship (summer 2013): 'Modelling wellbeing'
- Lydia Wade, ARU research placement (summer 2012): 'Exploring trust'
- Teju Sogbetun, Nuffield studentship (summer 2012): 'Science communication for young people'