Sing with us
Find out more about Anglia Singers, our yearly programme of concerts and how you can join us – and our next concert.
Would you like to come and have a go at singing with us? We’re a friendly and enthusiastic group of singers, about 30 strong and of varying ages, made up of past or present ARU staff or students, as well as members of the local community.
We sing because we enjoy it and it helps to raise funds for local good causes at the same time.
All are welcome to join us without having to go through an audition. Once you’ve decided that you want to come along regularly, the modest subscription is £45 per year (one of the lowest in the region); and students get the first term free.
Although we have our own sheet music library, a small charge is levied for any music that has to be hired.
What we offer
- From Bach to the Beatles, madrigals to musicals, sacred and secular music – a hugely varied and interesting programme.
- Three concerts a year (March, June, November) with around six weeks’ break between them.
- Twilight rehearsals at the University’s Chelmsford campus from 5.15-6.45pm Wednesdays plus a Saturday afternoon in the run-up to concerts.
- The chance to join partner choir, the Trianon Choir at well-known venues (such as Snape Maltings Concert Hall), and to join European partner choirs at concerts in their homelands.
What we ask of you
- Commitment to perform in concerts.
- Attendance at sufficient rehearsals to produce a high standard.
- The ability to read music and/or learn pieces quickly is an advantage.
How to join us
See our Rehearsal dates page and just come along to an early one in the schedule! If you’d like to speak to someone first, email Martin Fee on email@example.com or call 07792 453997.
Our next concert
See Forthcoming concerts for details of all our upcoming concerts.