27 April 2017
Your course may remain a mystery to others but you’re the face of the future! Ten photos that sum up the experiences of healthcare science students.
1. It is very hands on
2. You get to learn new skills that'll make your friends think you are a medical genius
3. You get to spend time watching amazing medical procedures I took this photo after watching cardiac resynchronisation therapy
4. PLENTY of medical procedures I even got to see someone's heart beating in their chest
5. You get to spend time both in the lecture theatre and the hospital - a great balance
6. You can study the heart...
Image taken from Lilly, L.S.,2015. Pathophysiology of Heart Disease: A Collaborative Project of Medical Students and Faculty (6th edition)
7. ...Or the lungs
8. You’ll get to confuse your friends with confusing medical terms like catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia
9. Plus you get to study in one of the most academically inspiring cities in the world Cambridge is a hub of academic activity
10. It is tiring, but it is all worth it in the end I’m sure you can tell that by my big cheesy grin
4 July 2019
Ever find yourself cooped in your room because you’re too scared to meet someone new? Or maybe because you like your comforts so you’d rather not tarnish that. Social anxiety can be overwhelming, I can only imagine you having butterflies, maybe slightly nauseated… Read more…