Faculty: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
School: School of Humanities and Social Sciences
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
Category: Student Blogs
29 January 2019
For many of you January will be one of the most stressful times of your academic year, and we all know why… EXAMS! Never fear, we still have a few weeks until exam season is in full swing. So here are some tips on how to get ready for those long days of studying.
- Stay hydrated. Get yourself a bottle of water and keep it with you all day. Try to get into the habit of drinking a full bottle in the morning and in the afternoon. This will help give you energy and is great for your brain and skin. If you start this before you start your revision period it will become a good habit and help your concentration.
- Do something you want to do, even if this is something alone. It is important to take time out of your life and be able to stay connected and in tune with your mental and physical self. This could be anything from spending the whole day reading a good book, going for a walk or drive, or just being by yourself for 30 minutes.
- Prep some meals you love to eat. We all know that when we get stressed the only thing we have time to do is work and sleep and we often deprive our bodies of good, nutritious food. Take a day to batch cook some of your favourite meals and freeze them - ideal Sunday afternoon job! This way you can just take one out of the freezer each morning and then you know that you have a good meal waiting for you in the evening.
- SLEEP! Get into a good sleeping pattern and stick to it! Sleep is so important for concentration and retaining information. Though we may want to pull an all-nighter and try to cram as much information into our brains as possible, sadly this won’t actually work. A solid 7-8 hours of sleep each night will help you get up feeling revived and productive the next morning. Always listen to your body, when it comes to sleep. It knows best.
- Keep it going. It is important to maintain these good habits as you go in to exam prep and exam season. - they'll help you through the rest of your life too.
I hope you all achieve the grades you want and remember, just do your best.