Collaborative Awards for Teaching Excellence (CATE)
We support teams to develop proposals for the Collaborative Awards for Teaching Excellence (CATE).
In 2016 the Higher Education Academy established a new team-based award scheme, the Collaborative Awards for Teaching Excellence (CATE), funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, and the Department for Employment and Learning in Northern Ireland.
The Collaborative Awards for Teaching Excellence (CATE) recognise that positive student experience depends on the innovation and creativity of the whole team. CATE was piloted in 2016 and the Student Engagement Team from our Lord Ashcroft International Business School made it onto the shortlist. They received their certificate from the Higher Education Academy on 22 June 2017.
The criteria for the awards are as follows:
Criterion 1: Excellence in the team's collaborative approach – evidence of excellence in the team’s approach to working collaboratively; commensurate with their context and the opportunities afforded by it.
- Criterion 2: Excellence in the impact of collaborative working – evidence of the team having a demonstrable impact on teaching and learning beyond their immediate academic or professional area.
Key dates 2020/21
- Friday 16 October 2020 – distribution of Call for Expressions of Interest by AL&T.*
- Monday 16 November 2020 (12 noon) – return of candidate’s Expression of Interest.
- Wednesday 18 November 2020 – prospective candidates notified of this year’s selection decisions.
- Monday 23 November 2020 – initial meeting with institutional mentor for teaching excellence for selected team.
- Thursday 25 February 2021 – final submission completed and returned to AL&T by the nominated team ready for signing and submission to AdvanceHE.
*Please contact Anglia Learning & Teaching to request an Expression of Interest form. Email email@example.com.