Support external to ARU
As well as the support available at ARU, there is also support available through various charities set up specifically for Care Leavers and Care Experienced people.
- Become– the charity for children in care and young Care Leavers.
- The Rees Foundation– a charity whose aim is to help Care Experienced people thrive by offering them support throughout their whole life.
- The Care Leavers Foundation– an organisation that offers support, encouragement, and financial assistance to Care Leavers.
- The Capstone Care Leavers Trust– awards grants to people aged 17-25 years who have been in Local Authority Care in England or Wales and are in need. They also offer advice and guidance.
- Family Action Listening Works Service– a national out of hours phone, web and text support service for care experienced young adults aged 18-30. Listening Works is open 7 days a week from 6pm to midnight, staffed by trained volunteers with paid and experienced supervisors on the line with them.