Degree Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing / Digital and Social Media Marketing Digital Marketer

Information for employers

Develop digital marketing talent in your organisation with our Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeship: a cost-effective way to develop aspiring marketers or retain experience to maximise the effectiveness of your digital marketing.

A young man sitting on a sofa facing a video camera

Develop passionate, data-driven marketing talent

Designed with employers, our Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeship balances theory with practical, real-time learning in the workplace. Apprentices develop a full range of marketing knowledge, and skills for campaign planning, execution, and analysis, directly relevant and applied to your organisation.

Who is this apprenticeship for?

This apprenticeship will develop talent for roles including Digital Marketing Executive/Officer, Digital/Social Media Executive, Digital Marketing Campaign Manager and Online and Digital Marketing Lead. You may wish to create a new role within your organisation to attract fresh talent or develop your existing staff.

We offer two different options for the Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeship depending on your business needs. Both meet the requirements of the Government’s Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeship standard but vary slightly in terms of content and delivery.

Capabilities to better your business

A cost-effective way to develop and retain talent

Degree apprenticeships are a smart investment. You can reinvest Apprenticeship Levy funds to cover the cost of the apprenticeship, or receive funding support from the government. 

If you operate in England and your annual payroll is over £3 million, you pay a levy of 0.5% of your payroll into a levy account. 

The cost of the Digital Marketer programme for levy paying employers is £21,000 and this can be covered in full using the non-refundable funds in your levy account. If you exhaust the funds in your levy account, then the government will pay 95% of the outstanding fees and you will need to pay the remaining 5%.

If your organisation is not required to pay the levy, you will pay only 5% of the cost of the apprenticeship programme while the government pays the remaining 95%. The cost of the Digital Marketer programme for non-levy paying employers is just £1,050.

For more about the Apprenticeship Levy, and to find out about any additional incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice from the government, please visit the key information section on our Degree apprenticeships for employers page
 
Our team of dedicated consultants can talk you through the detail.

Don't just take our word for it...

Industry recognised professional accreditation

Chartered Institute of Marketing Accredited Degree

Accredited by the CIM

Upon successful completion apprentices will gain accreditation with The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). The CIM supports, develops and represents marketers, organisations and the profession all over the world. Their diverse range of training courses and world-renowned qualifications, enable modern marketers to thrive in their roles and deliver long-term success for businesses. Accreditation offers additional membership benefits to apprentices beyond graduation.

Delivered by experts with delivery options to meet your business needs

Our consultants can talk you through which option is most appropriate for your requirements.

Our BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing course combines online learning and activities from sector specialists and practitioners, with a series of face-to-face workshops from our academic team. This blend of online and face-to-face learning fosters a collaborative and supportive programme, augmented by online discussions, student blogs and critical reflection and analysis under the guidance of experienced tutors.

Our BSc (Hons) Digital and Social Media Marketing course is designed specifically for employers located in the wider Peterborough region. This option has a greater focus on face-to-face learning from our brand-new industry standard ARU Peterborough campus. Apprentices will spend one day per week on campus providing additional tutor and collaborative peer-to-peer support, with a strong focus on social media and developing the associated technical skills.

For all apprenticeships, 20% of their learning will be classed as ‘off the job’, which means that they'll be learning during normal working hours either in their place of work or outside – but not part of their normal working duties.

 

What are the entry requirements?

As an employer your business sets out the person specifications for the role, but the apprentice will need to meet our entry requirements to be accepted onto the course. You can view the full entry requirements on our BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing and BSc (Hons) Digital and Social Media Marketing apprentice course pages.

Our team of dedicated consultants can talk you through the detail.

Visit the BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing apprentice course page for full course details
Visit the BSc (Hons) Digital and Social Media Marketing apprentice course page for full course details

Helping you find the right apprentice

Woman smiling iStock image 498941586

Recruitment support

Our dedicated apprenticeship team is on hand to help you attract the best candidates for your organisation. We can help with:

  • Crafting job advertisements
  • Promoting your vacancy to our registered and targeted candidate mailing list
  • Adding your vacancy to the National Apprenticeship Service ‘Find an Apprenticeship’ on your behalf
  • Sharing opportunities across our social media channels.

Our consultants will also be happy to support you in determining the suitability of the candidates you receive.

Next steps

If you'd like to know more about the apprenticeship, have a current employee in mind or are thinking of recruiting an apprentice for your business, our designated team of experts are here to support you at every step. Get in touch today.