Senior Lecturer in International Business and Student Experience Lead
Faculty:Faculty of Business and Law
School:Economics, Finance and Law
Areas of Expertise:
Accounting and Finance , Economics , International Business
As senior lecturer in international business, Sarvin is mainly interested in macroeconomics, economic innovation, economic growth and economic productivity. She is the student development lead for the School of Economics, Finance and Law, overseeing the student experience and engagement for the school.
Prior to joining the Faculty of Business and Law, Sarvin worked at the University of Greenwich for over 10 years. Leading modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as supervising postgraduate student dissertations. Sarvin has great experience of teaching at all levels and creating module content and learning activities. She always looks at linking current affairs into the classroom for debates and connects them to learning outcomes.
In addition to teaching, Sarvin was the lead on timetabling and worked on improving and evolving the student experience as well as creating innovative onboarding processes for new students.
Sarvin is currently working on her PhD with the research topic of 'Investment intangible assets and firms' productivity: Investigating the scale effects, heterogeneity and the tole of market power'.
- Macroeconomic level data analysis
- Economics growth and productivity
- Economic innovation
Areas of research supervision
- Postgraduate supervision in International Business
Sarvin has teaching expertise in leading undergraduate and postgraduate modules such as macroeconomics, international economics and innovation, applied econometrics, global strategy and global business environment and international strategy.
- PhD in Economics, University of Greenwich, in progress
- MSc Accounting and Finance, University of Greenwich
- BSc (Hons) Economics, University of Greenwich
Memberships, editorial boards
- Member of Royal Economic Society
Recent presentations and conferences
- Improving onboarding to create an effective transition to university for new students, 2021. University of Greenwich Learning Teaching Festival.