Faculty:Faculty of Business and Law
School:Economics, Finance and Law
Areas of Expertise:
Business, management and leadership
Naowarat’s expertise is in the areas of statistical analysis, information technology and the application of technology to the teaching and learning environment.
Naowarat Lewis’s background is in Applied Statistics and Information Technology and has experience as a professional software developer in a large software house. Naowarat joined Anglia Ruskin University where she is responsible for teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level on the Chelmsford and Cambridge campuses. Naowarat is a senior lecturer specialising in information technology and quantitative methods. Naowarat is actively involved in the development of teaching and learning activities through the implementation of a range of software and multi-media applications within a pedagogical setting to provide a range of transferrable skills and greater employability opportunities to students within mathematical and statistical subjects.
Naowarat produced 36 video lessons and revision tutorials which not only provide learning opportunities but also offer students the opportunity to experience different learning environments such as those associated with “serious games”. These videos have been widely accessed by students with many gaining in excess of “52,000” hits which now forming the basis of a prolonged research programme. In recognition of her activities Naowarat received an honourable award from the Vice Chancellor in Learning and teaching excellence.
Naowarat has also participated as a team leader in a number of projects including those externally funded by the UK government and European Union. Naowarat has been directly involved in the achievement of research grants, consultancy engagements and knowledge exchange projects.
- Pedagogy through Technology: Investigating Multimedia Approaches to Undergraduate Education
- New Media applications to teaching and learning
- Developing new channels for teaching in mathematics
- Serious Gaming and Game Enhanced Learning
- Project Management
- Management Information & Communication Systems
- The Management of Information in Organisations
- Managing Communications
- Analysis of Business (Module Leader)
- Learning and Skills Development in Business
- Foundation of Finance
- Information Technology for Business
- Information Systems
- Web Design for Business
- Systems and Operations Management
- Project Planning and Control
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education, Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- MSc, Information Technology, University of East London, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Studies, Greenwich College, UK
- BSc (Hons) Applied Statistics, UTCC, Thailand
Memberships, editorial boards
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
Research grants, consultancy, knowledge exchange
- gLINK - an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project funded by the European Commission (Project value Euro7,500)
- Low Carbon KEEP project, funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF): Academic Supervisor (Project total £79,253.36)
- CDAF Research Bursary “ Enhancing competencies in mathematics through interactive pedagogy: An exploration of technology driven learning”. (£2,000)
- Provided statistical data analysis for a number of research programmes including reviews of marketing campaign effectiveness for the private sector company (£10,000)
- Project managed the technical development of a learning and teaching environment for remote learning for The Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (formerly the Department for Trade and Industry) sponsored project for the Retained Firefighters Union (Project total £120,000).
- Developed an interactive, web based, learning facility as part of the AIBS “Voyage” project. This project was funded by the Higher Education European Social Fund and formed part of an initiative to engage with local employers to encourage participation in higher education within Essex (Project total £120,000).
Recent presentations and conferences
“Dis-Engaging with Gamification in Higher Education”. Society of Research into Higher Education (SRHE) conference – December 2016
“Enhancing competencies in mathematics through interactive pedagogy: An exploration of technology driven learning”. The British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA) conference - May 2015