Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
Faculty:Faculty of Business and Law
School:Economics, Finance and Law
Areas of Expertise:
Accounting and Finance , Business, management and leadership , Business Management , Enterprise , Entrepreneurship and technology startups , Management and Leadership
Magdalena is a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance specialising in Performance Management, and Management in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
Magdalena was appointed as a Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at ARU in August 2016. She received an undergraduate degree and a Master degree in Accounting and Management Information Systems from Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies. Magdalena completed her PhD focusing on the impact of performance measurement and management systems on organisational performance in SMEs (from Cambridgeshire, UK and Austria) at ARU. Prior to joining ARU, Magdalena has worked as the Financial Manager for the Projects Department at the National Council of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises in Romania for five years, fostering entrepreneurship and supporting small business owners/managers. Since joining ARU, Magdalena has had several leadership roles, including course leader for BSc Accounting and Finance, Personal Development Tutoring (PDT) Lead for the Faculty and Deputy Head of School for the Economics and International Business discipline.
- Performance Measurement Systems
- Sustainability and financial performance
- Small business finance (crowdfunding, business angels)
- Small business Management
- Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
Areas of research supervision
- Ordu Larry - The practice of corporate governance in Nigeria: the Nigerian Code and Corruption
- Shaveta Bedi - Retention of tacit knowledge: an empirical investigation in the Hospitality Sector in UK
- Christopher Frank - Discontinued operations under IFRS - interpretation and management
- PG Cert Higher Education (Anglia Ruskin University)
- Phd in SME Performance Management (Anglia Ruskin University)
- Msc Accounting, Audit and Management Information Systems (Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies)
- BSci Accounting and Management Information Systems (Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies)
Memberships, editorial boards
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the British Academy of Management
- Member of the Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Selected recent publications
- Brady A., Partac M. (2019). A holistic approach to interaction between social enterprises and universities – from entrepreneurship to education to strategic engagement, 7th CIRIEC International Research Conference on Social Economy, Bucharest, Romania, 6-9 June 2019.
- Partac M., Lloyd-Reason L., Greene F. (2014). Performance Measurement Systems and Organisational Performance: literature review, Performance Measurement Association Conference. Aarhus, Denmark, 25-27 June 2014.
- Partac M., Lloyd-Reason L., Greene F. (2013). Performance Measurement and Management Systems in Small Businesses, Proceedings of the Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship conference. Cardiff, UK, 12-13 November 2013.