Senior Lecturer Practitioner
Areas of Expertise:
Andi is an experienced lecturer and industry course tutor with an early career as a Public Health Practitioner and background in Sport and Exercise Science. She specialises in exercise referral, weight management, cardiac rehabilitation and physical activity for health.
Andi’s background in sport and exercise science focused primarily on anatomy, physiology and exercise for health/rehabilitation, after which she pursued a career in public health as a health improvement practitioner. She was the Change4Life advisor for Peterborough Public Health, supervised the More Life child weight management programmes. She facilitated exercise referral and cardiac rehabilitation schemes and worked with local schools and employers to reduce risky/unhealthy behaviours and lifestyle choices in the city.
As a lecturer and researcher Andi specialises in exercise physiology and physical activity/prescription for health. She is currently completing a PhD thesis to establish the components that maintain the effects of initial cardiac rehabilitation in patients with heart failure.
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Exercise Referral
- Public Health/ Health Promotion
- Cardiovascular risk reduction
- Weight management
- Chronic condition risk reduction and management
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science, Nottingham Trent University
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Instruction
- Exercise Referral Instructor
- Pre and Post Natal Exercise Instructor
- PhD Health and Social Care: Development and feasibility of an intervention to maintain the benefits of cardiac rehabilitation for patients with heart failure, University of Lincoln
Memberships, editorial boards
- British Association of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation
- BASES Certified Exercise Practitioner
- British Society of Heart Failure
- Member of The Royal Society for Public Health
Recent presentations and conferences
- Seago-Gilbert, A., Curtis, F., Siriwardena, AN., Jones, AW., 2021. Maintaining the benefits of initial cardiac rehabilitation in heart failure patients: A mixed methods systematic review. British Association of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation Hybrid Conference, UK
- Seago-Gilbert, A., Henderson, H., Curtis, F., Jones, AW., Siriwardena, AN., 2021. Essential components of a maintenance intervention following cardiac rehabilitation for heart failure patients. British Society of Heart Failure Hybrid Conference, UK