How to apply and visa support

Students sitting in front of computers

How to apply

To apply for one of our English courses, simply complete an application form. You can find application forms on individual course pages.

Admissions process

Provided you meet the entry requirements for your course – and immigration requirements – our International Admissions team will usually send you a conditional offer.

If your offer is conditional, it means that we still need some documents or payment. For example:

  • a copy of your passport
  • a copy of your English qualification
  • degree transcripts or references (if you are progressing onto an academic course)
  • course deposit
  • full course fees
  • confirmation that you would like to accept your place.

If you are interested in our Pre-sessional Course (or Pre-sessional Course at ARU College) you will need to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved test centre.

Once we have your payment and documents (that meet course requirements), your offer will be made unconditional. We will then process your visa letter. We may contact you at this stage.

If you’re from a European Union or European Economic Association (EEA) country, you won’t need a visa.


Pre-sessional course

English Language and Culture course (summer or winter)

Applying for a visa

Points Based Monitoring (PBS) system

Extending your visa