Disability support

Study Support Service

We offer information, advice and specialist support to students with disabilities, including mental health difficulties, ongoing medical conditions and specific learning difficulties, such as dyslexia.

Some of the things we can help with include exam or timetabling adjustments, access to facilities, and specialist study skills support.

If you've told us about a disability on your university application form, we'll get in touch to discuss the support we can offer you.

We also hold drop-in sessions for current students, where you can discuss anything with us in confidence:

  • Cambridge, 12-1pm weekdays (room HEL341)
  • Chelmsford, 12-1pm weekdays (2nd floor, Tindal)
  • Peterborough, 12-1pm Wednesdays and Fridays (room GUI107b).

Alternatively, you can email us on disability@anglia.ac.uk.

For more information about the support you can receive, visit the Disability and Dyslexia Support web page or check the information below.

Questions we're asked

+ Will I be refused a place if I tell you I am disabled?

+ What evidence do I need to get support?

+ What is a Summary of Reasonable Adjustments and how can I get one?

+ How do I arrange personal care?

+ Can I claim Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)?

+ When should I apply for Disabled Students' Allowance?

+ Can I get help with accommodation?

+ Can I park my car on campus or at my accommodation?

+ What help will there be when I start university?

+ Can I record my lectures?

+ What happens if my needs change?