Anglia Language Programme
Learn a new language or continue with an existing one. It's a great way to improve your employability, and you can study on campus in Cambridge or Chelmsford.
Everyone's welcome, from beginners to those with some previous knowledge. The only entry requirement is to be an ARU student.
We offer ten-week courses in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.
Our next courses start week commencing 20 January 2020. Check the timetables for Cambridge and Chelmsford to see the class times for your chosen language and level.
Why learn a language?
- Boosts employability.
- Improves communication skills.
- Builds confidence.
- Helps intercultural awareness.
- Improves brain functionality.
- Provides a better understanding of your own language.
- It’s fun!
There are two study options.
- As a credit-bearing module: this is for you if you're studying an undergraduate degree, and your course lets you substitute one of your modules for a language. You'll be tested at the end of your language course and receive credits. Please note that in order to pass this module you'll need to attend at least 60% of classes.
- As a standalone module: if you'd simply like to learn a new language or improve on an existing one, you're welcome to join a course. There's no assessment at the end of the course, but if you attend 80% of classes you'll receive a certificate of attendance. If you;re already an ARU student we offer a discounted fee of £120 for a ten-week course. If you’re not currently an ARU student you’re very welcome to join the Anglia Language Programme too at a cost of £150 for a ten-week course. Each week includes two hours tuition – so that's 20 hours overall.
Which is the correct level for you?
|Very little or no language
|2/3 years of study – low GCSE
Completed Foundation 1
Completed Foundation 2
Completed Intermediate 1
If you have any questions about your level, email us at email@example.com.
How to apply
For credit-bearing modules, select the language of your choice during the Module Choice period. Outside of this please contact your student advisor and also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For standalone modules, simply complete an application form, send it to email@example.com and pay via our online store.
We'll always try to run all modules. However, if we can't run one because of limited demand, we'll do our best to place you on another. And, if there's demand for a level not offered (advanced) we'll endeavour to open a new class.
If you have any questions about the Anglia Language Programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.