COVID-19 update: this page contains the latest information on when sports club training will be taking place and how you can get involved.
Update: 5 February 2021 - due to the current national lockdown and the recent announcement from BUCS regarding the cancellation of the 2020/21 league and knockout season, we will not be able to offer sports club activity during term 2. We will continue to review the situation over the coming weeks with consideration to whether some form of activity may be possible later in the academic year.
You must book in advance of all club training sessions (including taster sessions).
Please follow these COVID-19 measures, which have been put in place to protect your safety.
- Sports club activities involve close personal contact and might not be suitable for those at enhanced risk from COVID-19.
- Stay at home if you are showing symptoms, living with someone who is showing symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate (including if you have arrived from a foreign country without a travel bridge in the past ten days).
- Only attend if you have a confirmed booking.
- Please do not arrive before the scheduled start time.
- Arrive ready to play sport – changing rooms will not be available.
- Bring your own drink labelled with your name.
- Don’t forget your face covering and hand sanitiser.
- Wash your hands regularly before, during and after the training session.
- Follow guidance provided by the sports coach and club COVID-19 Officer.
Click here to book
Notes on making your booking
- When making your first booking click the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link.
- Enter your Email Address (ARU email address if you are staff or a student) and click the ‘Request Password’ link.
- You will receive an email in the next couple of minutes, follow the link to reset your password in the email.
- Enter Personal Member ID (this is the seven-digit number which will be displayed at the top of the reset email you have received) and your preference of a password for the booking system.
- Click the ‘Save’ link and then ‘Return to login page’ on the next screen.
- Login with your Email Address and your new password.
- Select booking site – Chelmsford/Cambridge
- You can search for available activities by date (please be aware that bookings can only be made up to a week in advance).
Clubs train between the following dates:
- Trimester 1 – week commencing 21 September 2020 until week commencing 7 December 2020
- Trimester 2 – week commencing 18 January 2021 to week commencing 22 March 2021 or last BUCS fixture
Cambridge training timetable 2020-21 (subject to change)
Chelmsford training timetable 2020-21 (subject to change)