Dr Rachael Cubberley
Deputy Head of School, MSc Physician Associate
Faculty:Faculty of Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care
Areas of Expertise:
Allied & public health
Rachael is a Senior Lecturer specialising in musculoskeletal assessment and treatment.
Rachael worked as a Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy and Sports Therapy at the University of Bedfordshire prior to joining Anglia Ruskin University.
Rachael’s early career was spent in the genomics and pharmaceutical research and development industry, researching the genetic causes of diseases such as type 2 diabetes, obesity and Alzheimer’s.
Before working in academia, Rachael ran her own private physiotherapy practice specialising in musculoskeletal injuries and worked within the NHS at the Cambridge and Peterborough Foundation Trust, providing physiotherapy treatment to patients with personality disorders.
- Exercise interventions for individuals living with dementia
- Strategies to promote improved mental health and wellness
Areas of research supervision
- Musculoskeletal injury prevention and management
- BSc (Hons) Applied Biology, University of East London
- MSc Physiotherapy, University of Essex
- PhD Biological Sciences, University of Warwick
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Performance, University of Bedfordshire
Memberships, editorial boards
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapist in Sports and Exercise Medicine