Faculty:Faculty of Business and Law
Areas of Expertise:
Built environment , Business Administration , Business Management , Business, management and leadership , Enterprise , Events Management , European and regional funding , Strategy
Paul's primary focus is on energy and carbon, particularly in buildings and delivery infrastructure with a secondary focus on data accessibility and analysis.
Paul has 27 years of practical experience in local, regional and central government, third sector organisations and private business (SME). He has a successful track record of securing multi-million pound funding bids from UK Government and EU funding streams for regional carbon reduction projects. His work includes project concept development, external partner identification, project set up and delivery management and team creation. He uses effective communication and stakeholder management to achieve outputs and outcomes.
- Decarbonisation and net-zero carbon transition delivery
- Energy conservation, efficiency and renewable generation techniques and technologies
- Built environment, zero carbon construction and retrofit
- Energy infrastructure and energy data mapping and analysis
Areas of research supervision
- Fixing a broken industry: the social and economic impact of poor-quality homes
- MRes Energy conservation strategies in buildings, University of East Anglia
- BSc (Hons) Science and the Environment, De Montfort University
Research grants, consultancy, knowledge exchange