Faculty:Faculty of Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care
School:School of Nursing and Midwifery
Areas of Expertise:
Nursing and midwifery , Research
Jacqueline is a lecturer in Adult Nursing at ARU, Cambridge. Her background is comprised of acute Theatre Recovery , short-stay surgical and Research Nursing, particularly involving breast cancer and neuro oncology
Jacqueline mentored student nurses, and other health professionals throughout her career, largely teaching key clinical skills. Her teaching in research clinical settings has consisted of instructing Clinical Academics in a wide range of skills, including Informed Consent and GCP. She also assisted on the recent Covid Vaccine studies.
Prior to joining ARU as a lecturer at the height of the COVID pandemic, she was seconded from the Staff Bank at a local Trust to work as a Nurse in a support role within the Infection Control Nursing Department. She assisted this department with PPE training and audits.
- The experiences of newly qualified nurses
- Teaching students with learning needs
- Clinical skills and theory combined with peer learning
- Neuro research – (brain oncology conditions and epilepsy)
Jacqueline is currently interested in developing teaching strategies for nursing students to gain better understanding of theoretical nursing knowledge to apply to clinical skills. She also has two other main research interests:
- Evaluating newly qualified nurse experiences concerning support and development of skills, in a hospital trust.
- Research projects involving various neurooncological, neurodegenerative and neuropsychological pathologies.
- Essential Nursing skills and Practice
- Health promotion
- Holistic care for people with long term conditions
- Nursing Associate clinical skills
- Virtual Simulated Practice
- Registered Adult Nurse (RN) Homerton College, University of Cambridge
- BSc Psychology Thames Valley University
- GCP trained- (Good Clinical Practice) Refresher e-learning NIHR – (National Institute for Health Care Research)
- Practice Supervisor Anglia Ruskin University