Dr Cheryl Greyson
Senior Lecturer Practitioner in Business
Areas of Expertise:
Marketing , Business Management
Cheryl is a Chartered Marketer, digital marketing practitioner and highly experienced educator specialising in all aspects of marketing and research methods. She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and was awarded her Masters in Marketing from London Metropolitan University, her PGCE in lifelong learning from the University of Greenwich, and PhD in digital marketing from Anglia Ruskin University.
With over 25 years of marketing experience, Cheryl worked in media marketing and research for IPC Magazines, The Economist, Forbes and Western International Media in London, with a stint as a journalist before running her own marketing consultancy, specialising in delivering marketing and digital consultancy and multi-stage qualitative, quantitative and observation research to SMEs. She has taught at ARU since 2013 and joined the ARU Peterborough launch team in October 2021. As well as lecturing, Cheryl works as a digital marketer in tourism marketing and is a Non-Executive Director, Trustee and Governor of Abbey College, Ramsey, Cambridgeshire.
She has a specialist interest in supporting dyslexic and autistic students and active learning, particularly through the use of fully immersive simulations. Her academic research is in the field of digital marketing, children’s relationships to brands, qualitative research methods, and simulation.
- Researchers’ roles in qualitative research
- Children’s brand relationships
- Digital marketing – influencers, unboxing
- Pedagogical research – simulations, active learning
Areas of research supervision
- Qualitative research method
- Marketing to children
- Digital marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Business & Management
- CIM Certificate in Marketing
- CIM Advanced Certificate in Marketing
- CIM Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- MA in Marketing, London Metropolitan University
- PGCE in Lifelong Learning, University of Greenwich
- PhD (Business) The influence of digital on the agentic child’s brand choices, Anglia Ruskin University
Memberships, editorial boards
- Chartered Marketer, Chartered Institute of Marketing
- MCIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- MMRS (The Market Research Society)
- SFHEA (Higher Education Academy)
Selected recent publications
Recent presentations and conferences
- Greyson, C.E., 2019. Real-life simulations for game-based learning and employability skills. In: ALT East of England, Gamification - Practice and Pedagogy. University of East Anglia, 15 May 2019. Norwich: ALT East of England.