Frequently asked questions for EU students

Will I be affected when the UK leaves the EU?
See our main Information for EU students page for the latest updates.

The UK Government has confirmed that current student fees and finance options for UK and EU will continue for 2020/21. Read the Government's full press release.

Download the British Council Studying in the UK - FAQ

What’s the deadline for applying?
There is no official university deadline for applying for most of our courses, but it is always advisable to apply early. You do not have to wait until you finish your current course to apply for your course at Anglia Ruskin. You can apply via one of our representatives in your country (see country pages), via UCAS for undergraduate (Bachelor degree) courses or directly online from the relevant course page of our website for postgraduate (Master degree).

Visit the UCAS website for more information.

What is Clearing?
Clearing is your opportunity to apply to university, whether you’ve just taken exams this summer or you’re returning to education. Find out all you need to know about Clearing.

Do you offer accommodation and is it guaranteed?
We have University-managed accommodation in Cambridge and Chelmsford. Accommodation is either on-campus or within walking distance. We don’t guarantee accommodation, but students who apply early will have plenty of choice. You can only apply if you have accepted an offer from us.

Can I work while studying?
Yes. ARU Temps is here to help you find a job. Depending on your course, you may also benefit from work placements.

How many hours can I work?
All EU citizens (except for Croatian nationals who are restricted to 20 hours per week) are allowed to work full-time in the UK. This may change once the UK leaves the European Union.

We recommend that you do not work too many hours during the teaching semester, and that you get the right balance between studies and work. You can work full-time during the semester breaks and vacation periods.

Do you offer any scholarships?
Yes, we have a range of scholarships available to EU students. We also offer an EU Undergraduate Bursary to new undergraduate students.

Can I study two different subjects?
We have a few degrees which combine related subjects, such as Psychology and Criminology, Drama and Film Studies, History and English. Most of our degrees are, however, in one subject area. If you have an interest which isn’t part of your degree, consider joining one of our student clubs and societies.

What kinds of clubs and societies are there?
There’s a huge range: kickboxing, aerobics, finance, tea and hot chocolate, and the Portuguese Society, to name a few. You are more than welcome to start your own society when you get here, too. Find out more about clubs and societies at ARU.

Will my degree be recognised in my country?
We have degree-awarding powers as recognised by the UK authorities and our degrees are widely recognised internationally: check with the relevant authorities in your country if you are in any doubt.

The same applies for any professional body recognition in the UK. We recommend that you check with your local national agency for the recognition and comparison of professional qualifications and skills gained in the UK.

For more information about current arrangements and access to the Erasmus programme following Brexit, visit our Erasmus page.