1.Tell us about yourself.
I am an MRI Radiographer from Greece, with 11 years of clinical experience, currently working at Corfu General Hospital. I also currently hold the position of Research Assistant at City University of London, in the Division of Radiography and Midwifery. My current interests include various research projects carried out by radiographers, and I have published some papers over the last 2 years.
2. What is your fondest memory of Anglia Ruskin University?
I cannot forget the excitement and joy when I received the offer letter from ARU, offering me a place to study on this postgraduate course.
3.What has been your favourite job?
My current job as Research Assistant, as being involved in research and being part of a great team is extremely inspiring.
4. In one word, how would you describe Anglia Ruskin University?
5. How did your time at ARU help you?
Studying at ARU definitely acted as a ‘game-changer’ for me. This course definitely offered me considerable knowledge regarding my field of expertise, while it also helped to increase my self-confidence.
6. What did you love about your chosen course?
The tutors were more than motivating, always eager to help me with my studies, while the flexible schedule of the course made studying very manageable.
7. What advice would you give to current students as they’re preparing to graduate?
Engage fully with your studies, interact with all your tutors and colleagues, and gain as much knowledge as possible.
8. What do you know now that you wish you had known whilst studying?
I wish I had known that the more you learn, the more doubts you have. Don't worry - this is normal, and is part of the whole learning process.
9. Who was the biggest influence on your career?
I had the pleasure to collaborate with many great colleagues, and some of them influenced my career choices and progression a lot. However, at the end of the day, we are always the biggest influence on ourselves.
10. What advice would you give your younger self?
11. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.
Apart from my studies in Medical Imaging, I have also been a professional musician for many years; performing classical music in many major halls across Europe.
12. What’s next?
Going for a PhD degree is certainly next on my agenda!