26 March - 4 April 2021, 10:00 - 20:00
Take a journey through art, nature, geoarchaeology and earth sciences. Listen, imagine, create and share in the adventures of the enchanted pot from the Mesopotamian Marshlands. Walking on the earth, holding the clay, exploring connections between ourselves and the land, through the changing shape of the voice and the vessel.
Download and listen - either during a walk outside or inside your own home, alone or with others. The download will be available during the festival, 26 March - 4 April.
Presenters from the Sedimentology-Fine Art research collective based in Iraq and the UK:
• Dr Nawrast Sabah Abd Alwahab - Sedimentology Lecturer, University of Basrah
• Kelcy Davenport - Artist, Researcher, Teacher, Cambridge School of Art, Anglia Ruskin University
• Sally Stenton – Artist and MRes student, Royal College of Art
• Shaima al-Sitrawi - Independent Artist and Musician
• Sarah Strachan – Artist, Marketer and Researcher, Cambridge School of Art, Anglia Ruskin University.
The event is part of Cambridge Festival 2021.
We continue to closely monitor the rapidly evolving situation around coronavirus (COVID-19). So we can best protect the health and wellbeing of all members of the community we are suspending many public-facing events on campus until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.