Research and Innovation Development Office
Category: Research news
9 May 2014
What kinds of research are not eligible for Leverhulme Trust funding?
The availability of alternative sources of funding means that the Leverhulme Trust does not consider proposals for:
- research which is of direct relevance to clinicians, medical professionals and/or the pharmaceutical industry
- policy-driven research where the principal objective is to assemble an evidence base for immediate policy initiatives.
Proposals for the following are also ineligible for Leverhulme Trust support:
- research where advocacy is an explicit component
- research aimed principally at an immediate commercial application
- proposals in which the balance between assembling a data bank or database and the related subsequent research is heavily inclined to the former.
If you are uncertain about the eligibility of your proposal, please contact the Leverhulme Trust before beginning an application.