Cambridge School of Art facilities
At ARU, we know that experimentation is key to finding your creative voice.
That's why, as one of our students, you get access to all our arts and creative industries facilities, no matter which course you're on.
Why not 3D print your graphic design work, or use our darkrooms and editing suites to combine film and photography for your fine art installation?
Our Cambridge School of Art facilities include:
- Ruskin Gallery, a professional and ground-breaking digital art gallery that shows touring exhibitions of international standing as well as student work
- fashion workshops housing a variety of industrial sewing, finishing, embroidery and seam sealing machines
- dedicated fine art and illustration studios
- 3D workshops with equipment for woodwork, plastics/vacuum forming, metalwork, plaster, clay, mould making, laser-cutting and 3D printing
- colour and black & white photography darkrooms, plus three fully-equipped photographic daylight and artificial light studio
- a digital photography lab with 20 Apple iMacs and a large selection of photographic quality, wide-format printers and scanners
- a large stock of photography equipment that you can borrow, including digital cameras (DSLRs and medium format), large format cameras, lenses, light meters and lighting kits
- a specialist printmaking workshop with etching, screen-printing, lithography, relief pressing, and letterpress printing
- several dedicated Mac and PC suites on the main campus equipped with the latest software including Adobe Creative suite.