Cambridge School of Art facilities
Cambridge School of Art is based on Anglia Ruskin’s Cambridge campus, which has recently undergone a £35million redevelopment.
We offer training on all of our equipment to any Cambridge School of Art student, so no matter which course you're on you can take full advantage of our facilities, including:
- Ruskin Gallery, a professional and ground-breaking digital art gallery that shows touring exhibitions of international standing as well as student work
- fashion workshops housing a variety of industrial sewing, finishing, embroidery and seam sealing machines
- dedicated fine art and illustration studios
- 3D workshops with equipment for woodwork, plastics/vacuum forming, metalwork, plaster, clay, mould making, laser-cutting and 3D printing
- colour and black & white photography darkrooms, plus three fully-equipped photographic daylight and artificial light studio
- a digital photography lab with 20 Apple iMacs and a large selection of photographic quality, wide-format printers and scanners
- a large stock of photography equipment that you can borrow, including digital cameras (DSLRs and medium format), large format cameras, lenses, light meters and lighting kits
- a specialist printmaking workshop with etching, screen-printing, lithography, relief pressing, and letterpress printing
- several dedicated Mac and PC suites on the main campus equipped with the latest software including Adobe Creative suite.