Distance learning at Anglia Ruskin University
Distance Learning is a growing area at ARU. Within Learning Development Services, two units support the development of distance learning: Anglia Learning & Teaching (pedagogic support and advice, CPD opportunities) and Distance Learning (distance learning projects and services, marketing and costing).
What is Distance Learning?
At ARU, most distance learning courses are delivered and supported online through the VLE but vary in the media, communication and support approaches used.
Together with Distance Learning, we support the development of online distance learning at ARU through:
- Distance Learning Community site. This site provides staff interested in delivering distance learning to support, collaborate and share with each other.
- Continuous Professional Development
- Support in developing and delivering distance learning courses as a service
- Content production (author bank)
- Setting up and formatting course content on the VLE
- Online tutoring (tutor bank)
- Online facilitation (dedicated to improving student experience through increasing engagement and motivation)