1. Tell us about yourself.
I am Grace Gladys Famoriyo, a transformational coach, international speaker and the author of seven books and counting.I am also the founder of Trailblazing InfluenceHERs where I help female service-based experts, entrepreneurs and business owners turn their expertise and life stories into multiple incomes to impact the masses, experience financial security and build a lifestyle-friendly business. My free eBook is a great starting point, as well as my free training in my Facebook group.
I also have a digital publishing agency where we publish books (including my own), digital products, business tools and build websites/funnels. We also have a side hustle which is our Authors and Self-Publishers Academy after being inundated with requests for this.
2. What is your fondest memory at Anglia Ruskin University?
I have a few, like when I discovered my dissertation won best project of the year (2014) from the Association for Publishing Education. Also, the smile on my Mum’s face at my ARU graduation ceremony when I came top of the year and won the Lutterworth Press Prize for overall best performance. My father is no longer with us but I am sure he was cheering me on too (and possibly dancing too).
3. What has been your favourite job?
My hybrid job as a coach and author/creator. I get to transform people’s lives using coaching, books and digital products including educational content and business tools. It makes all the hard work worth it when you get positive testimonials from clients and students. I am all about transforming lives.
4. In one word, how would you describe Anglia Ruskin?
5. How did your time at Anglia Ruskin help you?
When I came to ARU, I had already self-published one of my books and published tools and educational content, so I had some knowledge. However, enrolling on the programme took my know-how and understanding of the industry to another level. One of my book writing/publishing clients was astounded by my in-depth knowledge of the industry. This is a testament to my time at ARU, which gave me the confidence to help others publish quality books and products. It radically transformed my business from thereon.
6. What did you love about your chosen course?
I learnt so much from all the lecturers, internships, masterclasses and access to a 24hr library! Leah Tether, my course leader, was out of this world. And my peers were also fun.
7. What advice would you give to current students as they're preparing to graduate?Keep going even when things get tough. Keep revisiting your dream or goals of what you want to achieve in life after ARU. It will keep you focused and help you through those ‘moments’.
8. What do you know now that you wish you had known whilst studying?
That everything would work out just fine. I just had to put the work in.
9. Who was the biggest influence on your career?
Now that is a tough one because I have coaches and mentors for the many roles/jobs I have. They all influence me. But aside from my Christian faith, I have to say one lady stands out: my mum. She is my greatest cheerleader, encourager, supporter, mentor, and more. She is normally the first to buy anything I create and always attends my speaking gigs and training programmes - even if it’s just to help me out with my sales team. She is the giant on whose shoulders I dare to stand.
10. What advice would you give your younger self?
1) Follow your dreams and never give up pursuing them, regardless.
2) Never be afraid to be your real self
3) Bounce back even when life hurts
4) Never feel the need to dim your light for others to feel better about themselves. Just be YOU!
11. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
Believe it or not, I wanted to become a Doctor. But I see correlations in the work I do and it is an honour to serve humanity with my gifts, passion and purpose. Who knows, perhaps ARU would bestow me with an honorary Doctorate one day so I can call myself DrCoach :-) I am also a serving Magistrate!
12. What’s next?
No doubt there will be more books and digital products. But my primary focus right now is transforming the lives of women through my Trailblazing InfluenceHERs programme. The goal is to help service-based experts, entrepreneurs and business owners turn their expertise and life stories into multiple incomes to impact the masses, experience financial security and build a lifestyle-friendly business, especially in our current climate. My free eBook is a good place to get started or get training by joining my Facebook group.