Energy policy masterclass
Engaging with energy policy: a masterclass for social sciences and humanities PhD and early career researchers.
- When: 10 December 2018, 9.30am-5pm followed by networking drinks
- Where: Judge Business School, Cambridge
This masterclass is primarily (but not exclusively) for PhD and early career researchers working in the energy-related social sciences and humanities.
Download the final programme
The day will put the spotlight on the social sciences and humanities (SSH) as a policy evidence base, too often overlooked in favour of more technical energy research disciplines.
What is unique about energy-SSH in policymaking? How do energy policymakers and policy workers regard SSH research? How can energy-SSH researchers practically engage more with policy stakeholders? What strategies are there for establishing dialogue with those working on energy policy? Why should all this be of interest to PhD and early career researchers?
We'll be bringing together an excellent range of speakers and contributors, including:
- Jake Barber - Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Nicola Buckley – Associate Director, Centre for Science & Policy, University of Cambridge
- Robert Doubleday – Executive Director, Centre for Science & Policy, University of Cambridge
- Alena Fielding – Head of Code Reform, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Chris Foulds – Principal Research Fellow, Global Sustainability Institute, Anglia Ruskin University
- Tom Hargreaves – Lecturer, Science, Society & Sustainability (3S) research group, University of East Anglia
- Liz Hooper – Senior Technical Energy Advisor, Practical Action
- Rosie Robison – Principal Research Fellow, Global Sustainability Institute, Anglia Ruskin University
- Philippa Roddis – PhD Researcher, School of Geography, University of Leeds
- Melanie Rohse – Research Fellow, Global Sustainability Institute, Anglia Ruskin University
- Amber Sharick – Senior Advisor, UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC)
- Neil Simcock – Lecturer, School of Natural Sciences and Psychology, Liverpool John Moores University
- David Weatherall – Head of Policy, Energy Saving Trust
- Kate Jones – Professional Development Manager, Vitae
(More to be confirmed.)
The masterclass is run by ARU's Global Sustainability Institute and the University of Cambridge’s Centre for Science & Policy, together with the Royal Geographical Society’s Energy Geographies Research Group.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries about the masterclass.