Course detail and funding
Our Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship will develop the key skills needed to identify, analyse and understand complex data to improve organisational processes and inform decision making.
The assignments and assessments for all modules are contextualised to the workplace environment, allowing you to develop your people whilst simultaneously impacting positively on your organisation.
The following modules will be covered on the Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship course.
- Introduction to Data Science and Programming
- Computer and Network Technology
- Workplace Skills and Learning
- Enterprise Analytics
- Computational Concepts and Algorithms for Data Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Software Tools and Programming for Data Science
- Data Engineering
- Data Application Programming
- Principals of Data Science
- Principals of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Machine Learning & Data Engineering
- Time Series Analysis
- Data Visualisation
- Deep Learning Techniques & Natural Language Processing
- Apprenticeship Final Project (Including EPA)
Our course is:
- delivered part-time over four years
- blended learning: online study combined with work-place learning, immersive teaching weeks and hackathon style bootcamps which simulate real life environments
- suitable for existing staff, emerging talent and new recruits
- suitable for apprentices aged 17 or over, who meet the minimum entry requirements
- designed for those who have a mentor to support and guide them in their study and career progression for the duration of the apprenticeship.
You'll find more information on the course page, where apprentices can also apply.
Fees and funding
The total fees for this course are £19,000, over four years.
You can use the Apprentice Levy towards course fees.
- Companies with an annual salary bill of less than £3m: you'll pay 5% of the total course fees, payable in monthly instalments.
- Companies with annual salary bill of more than £3m: you'll contribute 0.5% over the £3m into the Apprentice Levy. You'll then be able to use funds in your Digital Account to fund apprenticeships for existing staff or new apprentices. The Government provides £1.10 for every £1 you pay in.
Take a look at our FAQs for more information about the Apprenticeship Levy and funding.
Find out more about the benefits to your business offered by our Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship.