Course detail and funding
Our BSc (Hons) Building Surveying course provides a direct route to Chartered status through the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Based on our well-established, traditional part-time course this is a tried and tested route for developing qualified staff in these ‘in-demand’ careers while making use of your Apprenticeship Levy funds (or for smaller businesses to access a 90% Government subsidy via ‘Co-investment’).
We'll cover the following modules on our Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship course for building surveyors.
- Introduction to Civil Law and Legislation
- The Built Environment Work Sector
- Elements of Construction Design
- Elementary Survey Skills
- Construction Economics
- Professional Surveying Practice
- Building Technology
- IT and Communication
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Environmental Building Performance
- Planning Procedures and Practice
- Management Practice
- Property and Land Law
- Project Evaluation and Development
- Building Surveying Documentation
- Building Inspection and Analysis
- Valuations I
- Conversion and Adaptation of Buildings
- Building Surveying Practice I
- Facilities Management
- Valuations II
- Practice Based Learning
- Building Surveying Practice II
- Property Marketing and Management
- Major Project aligned to APC
Our course is:
- delivered part-time over four years at our Chelmsford campus, plus an additional none months for the End Point Assessment (EPA); the apprenticeship EPA is the same as the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)
- suitable for new recruits (eg school leavers, level ¾ apprentices) as well as existing staff
- suitable for apprentices aged 17 or over, who meet the minimum entry requirements
- designed for those who are employed in a relevant role, and have a mentor to support and guide them in their study and career progression for the duration of the apprenticeship
You'll find more information on the course page, where apprentices can also apply.
Fees and funding
The total fees for this course are £27,000 over four years.
You can use the Apprentice Levy towards course fees.
- Companies with an annual salary bill of less than £3m: you'll pay 5% of the total course fees, payable in monthly instalments
- Companies with annual salary bill of more than £3m: you'll contribute 0.5% over the £3m into the Apprentice Levy. You'll then be able to use funds in your Digital Account to fund apprenticeships for existing staff or new apprentices.
The Government provides £1.10 for every £1 you pay in.
Take a look at our FAQs for more information about the Apprenticeship Levy and funding.
Find out more about the benefits to your business offered by our BSc (Hons) Chartered Surveyor degree.