Course detail and funding
Our BA (Hons) Social Worker Integrated Degree Apprenticeship programme includes a range of core modules related to the development of social work skills. The assignments and assessments are contextualised to the workplace environment.
The following modules will be covered on the Social Worker Integrated Degree Apprenticeship programme.
- Ethics, Values and the Legal Context of Social Work
- Knowledge, Evidence and Practice
- The Application of Theory to Social Work Practice
- Social Work in Society
- Social Work with Children and Families
- Social Work with Adults
- Power, Duties and Accountability in Social Work
- Practice 1: Communication Skills and Partnership Working
- Well-being Across the Life Course
- Practice 2: Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
The integrated End Point Assessment is formed by two modules and completes the final year.
Our course is:
- delivered over three years
- blended learning: online study combined with work-place learning and face to face teaching sessions on campus
- recognised and approved by Social Work England
- suitable for existing staff and new recruits
- suitable for apprentices aged 17 or over, who meet the minimum entry requirements
You'll find more information on the course page, where apprentices can also apply.
Fees and funding
The total fees for this course are £23,000, over three years.
You can use the Apprentice Levy towards course fees.
- Companies with an annual salary bill of less than £3m: you'll pay 5% of the total course fees, payable in monthly instalments
- Companies with annual salary bill of more than £3m: you'll contribute 0.5% over the £3m into the Apprentice Levy. You'll then be able to use funds in your Digital Account to fund apprenticeships for existing staff or new apprentices. The Government provides £1.10 for every £1 you pay in.
Take a look at our FAQs for more information about the Apprenticeship Levy and funding.
Find out more about the benefits to your business offered by our BA (Hons) Social Worker Integrated Degree Apprenticeship.