Course detail and funding
Our new BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering (Apprenticeship) is an opportunity to combine study and work. As well as providing a high-quality degree qualification it enables students to achieve professional Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status through the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) and pursue a fulfilling career as a qualified civil engineer.
This course is accredited by the JBM.
The following modules will be covered on our BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship.
- IT and Communications
- Elements of Engineering Design
- Safe Civil Engineering Works
- Maths Skills for Civil Engineers
- Elementary Survey Skills
- Science and Materials
- Geotechnics 1
- Material Technology
- Site and Engineering Surveying
- Structural Analysis
- CAD for Civil Engineers
- Design Technology in Civil Engineering
- Applied Mathematics for Civil Engineers
- Structural Method and Design
- Geotechnics 2
- Highway Design and Construction
- Environmental Management for the Construction Industry
- Civil Engineering Group Project
- Civil Engineering Contract Administration
- Professional Development
Our course is:
- delivered part-time over four years, plus 12 months for the End Point Assessment
- blended learning: online study combined with workplace learning and four one-week teaching blocks per year in September, January, April and July.
- suitable for existing staff, emerging talent and new recruits
- suitable for new recruits aged 17 or over who meet the minimum entry requirements (eg school leavers, level 3 and 4 apprentices) as well as existing staff employed in a relevant role
- ideally suited for employers with approved training schemes.
Fees and funding
The total fees for this course are £27,000 over four years.
You can use the Apprentice Levy towards course fees.
- Companies with an annual salary bill of less than £3m: you'll pay 5% of the total course fees, payable in monthly instalments.
- Companies with annual salary bill of more than £3m: you'll contribute 0.5% over the £3m into the Apprentice Levy. You'll then be able to use funds in your Digital Account to fund apprenticeships for existing staff or new apprentices. The Government provides £1.10 for every £1 you pay in.
Take a look at our FAQs for more information about the Apprenticeship Levy and funding.
Find out more about the benefits to your business offered by our BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship.