Concerns about your child

Students walking

Our staff will be happy to provide you with general information about university life and support available to students. However, as your child is over the age of 18, we won't be able to provide you with specific information about your son or daughter.

We understand this may be difficult for you as you’ll be used to receiving information about the progress of your son or daughter but under the Data Protection Act, unless we have received express permission, we can't share any information with you or other third parties.

However, we want you to know there is a lot of help available to all students. If you think your child may need some specialist support or advice please direct your child to Student Services and/or their Personal Development Tutor.

Personal Development Tutor

All students are given a personal development tutor who is an academic member of staff. They can help your son or daughter with any academic-related issues or refer on to specialist services if necessary.

Student Services

We have a great deal of support for students. From academic study skills support, support for disabled students, money and funding advice, counselling and wellbeing support and much more. Encourage your child to take a look at our Student Services website and contact our specialist advisers.

If you have serious concerns about your child’s wellbeing please contact Student Services during office hours on 01245 68 6700, or call Security outside working hours on 01245 493131/01223 363271.

On receipt of your call we’ll investigate your concern but please be aware we won’t be able to inform you of the outcome but will encourage your son or daughter to contact you directly.