Information for international students


We'd like to welcome our students from all over the world!

To help you make your preparations to come to the UK please visit our planning your travel pages where you'll find our pre-departure information and arrival information to help you organise your new life at ARU.

If you are a student visa holder

You need to complete your online registration, then book to complete your Right To Study checks and collect your ID card when you are in the UK. Due to the current lockdown you must only come in if it’s essential – please book your space on our Right to Study page.

You will need to bring your passport with you to complete your registration.

Please remember that if you are required to self-isolate you can’t come to campus until your ten days is complete. You should follow your classes on-line during your self-isolation period.

If you chose to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from ARU you can collect your BRP (your new visa) from the iCentre -but only after your self-isolation is over. We will keep your BRP safe until you can come to collect it.

All international and EU students

There is lots of help and support t available to all our international and EU students. Find out more from our International Student Advice Service.

If you are new to the UK and want to find out more about your working and health entitlements in the UK, information about police registration (if required), visa advice, how to open a bank account or the latest guidance on Brexit for EU students, our International Student Advice Service based in the International Office is here to help. Please visit our webpages where you can download a copy of our international handbook.