International Merit Scholarship
Our International Merit Scholarship is awarded to international students whose academic achievements set them apart from their peers.
Our scholarship is available to undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.
- £2,000 to undergraduate students who’ve achieved BBB grades or above (or equivalent international qualification)
- £1,000 to undergraduate students who’ve achieved CCC grades or above (or equivalent international qualification)
- £2,000 to students with a 2:1 who are applying for a postgraduate taught degree
- £1,000 to students with a 2:2 who are applying for a postgraduate taught degree
- £2,000 to students with a Distinction in a UK Masters degree (or international equivalent) who are applying for a postgraduate research programme
- £1,000 to students with a Merit in a UK Masters degree (or international equivalent) who are applying for a postgraduate research programme.
This scholarship is a fee discount. We'll deduct it from your tuition fees.
If you're studying an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course, we will award the scholarship in your first year.
If you're studying a research programme, we will award the scholarship each year that you pay full tuition fees, up to a maximum of three years.
To be eligible for our International Merit Scholarship you must be:
- an international student
- starting a course in the 2019/20 academic year, at our Cambridge or Chelmsford campuses
- studying a bachelor degree, a taught Masters (this includes our PG Dip Legal Practice Course), or a research programme
- studying full-time, unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study.
Undergraduate students should have achieved CCC grades or above at A-level (or equivalent). Postgraduate students should hold a 2:2 or above (or equivalent).
Degree apprenticeships, foundation degrees, distance learning or work-based degrees, Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas, and students joining a Masters with credit are excluded.
How to apply
There is no need to apply. You’ll automatically receive our International Merit Scholarship if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Read the full scholarships terms and conditions
Additional scholarship information
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) has information about fees and funding for international students looking to study in the UK. Visit https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/
Postgrad Solutions, Global Study Awards, and Chevening all offer bursaries and scholarships.
Looking for additional funding? Postgrad Solutions offers 15 bursaries across a number of subject areas. Apply now.
The Global Study Awards want to ultimately encourage young people to study abroad, and explore new countries, cultures and languages. You can get up to £10,000.00 to expand your horizons. Maximum of nine awards available. For more details visit the Global Study Awards website.
Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. It offers Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships, with recipients selected by British embassies and high commissions around the world. To apply, visit the Chevenng website.