Courageous Leaders - a leadership programme for LGBT+ teachers
Published: 24 April 2019 at 17:04
Courageous Leaders is a free one-year leadership and management programme. Anglia Ruskin University is part of the Equality and Diversity Regional Hub for the East of England and North East London, which aims to increase the diversity of school and college leadership.
Courageous Leaders specialises in working with teachers with the protected characteristics of Sexual Orientation and Gender Reassignment as identified in the Equality Act (2010). The programme is aimed at LGBT+ teachers who are looking for promotion. We have worked with more than 30 LGBT teachers to date with 80% of them achieving promotion.
The programme is completely free of charge and includes:
- Three one-day Leadership Skills workshops at different locations in the region, covering ‘being your authentic self’, modern LGBT+ identities, Leadership traits and interview skills.
- An allocated mentor to guide you on your career journey
- Networking opportunities with and peer support from other LGBT+ education professionals
- Application forms for promotion checked by an NLE and advice offered
- Support with any issues you experience at work relating to your sexuality or gender identity
- Support with being out at work, being a role model and setting up a Pride Club for LGBT+ pupils/students
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment
- Guaranteed confidentiality and sensitivity at all times.
If you would like to find out more please feel free to contact:
Jane Robinson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Catherine Lee: Catherine.email@example.com