Senior Lecturer / Practitioner, BSc Audio and Music Technology
Faculty:Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
School:Cambridge School of Creative Industries
Areas of Expertise:
Audio and Music Technology , Music
Simon is a Grammy Award-winning music mixer and producer with over 30 years of top-level studio experience, multiple sales awards and his own studio facility.
Visit Simon's website
Simon has worked with some of the world’s most successful and respected artists and producers including New Order, U2, No Doubt, Gwen Stefani, Paloma Faith, Gang of Four, Massive Attack, Underworld, Nellee Hooper, Sly & Robbie and Stephen Hague. He also has extensive experience of touring live shows, both as a musician (with Dead or Alive) and as a programmer (with New Order). In recent years he has worked extensively with Danny Boyle and Underworld on several film, TV and theatre projects and the London 2012 Olympic Games opening ceremony.
He has been teaching music production and technology at undergraduate and masters level since 2015, joining ARU in 2018.
- 3D Audio & Ambisonics
- Surround Sound mixing
- Impulse Response creation
Simon currently teaches on the modules:
- Acoustics & Psychoacoustics
- Acoustics Sound & Music
- Studio Practice
- Live Recording Practice
- Final Studio Portfolio 1 & 2
Memberships, editorial boards
- MPG Full Member
- PRS & PPL Member
Recent presentations and conferences
- GoNorth 2014 – MPG Panel Member
- Innovation in Music 2015 at ARU - Panel Member
- Crosstown Traffic Conference 2018 at Huddersfield University - Presenter
- Reviews and articles written for Audio Media and Sound on Sound magazines.
- Subject of articles in Audio Media and Resolution magazines.
- Online interviews for Record Production, SSL, Shure/Radial and Exponential Audio.